This is a traditional recipe for chicken chasseur. It’s simple and very easy to make. A perfect recipe because you can change the chicken and use pork or lamb instead. <a href=”http://www.seafreshuk.com/British-chicken-Breasts-large-4″>Purchase Chicken Breasts for this recipe
- 50 grams Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 25 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 grams Chopped Shallots
- 100 grams Tomatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 60 ml White wine
- 250 ml Demi-glace
- 25 grams flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Tarragon (Chopped)
- 4 British Chicken Breasts
- Coated the Chicken breasts in seasoned flour.
- Shallow fry in a large shallow frying pan for 3-4 minutes each side on a medium heat.
- Cover the chicken in an oven proof dish and place in a pre-heated oven approx 160 deg C for 10 - 15 mins.
- Gently fry the chopped shallots in the butter & olive oil without colouring using the same pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- Strain off the excess butter. Add the white wine and reduce by 1/2 on a medium to high heat.
- Add the tomatoes followed by the demi glace and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Correct the seasoning and add the parsley and tarragon.
- Add the Cooked chicken back to the pan along with any juices.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables and potatoes.