- 4 6oz Haddock Loins skin on for this dish
- 4 tblspn olive oil
- 300 grams Dried Chickpeas soaked in cold water overnight / 6 hours
- 250 grams Spicy Chorizo sliced
- 2 - 3 medium Potatoes peeled & diced
- 2 -3 medium Carrots peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 900 mls Chicken Stock
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 bunch Flatleaf Parsley Chopped
- Fry the onions, carrots and garlic in some olive oil. Cook until they start to brown. Now add the sliced chorizo and cook until brown on both sides
- Cover with the chicken stock, add the bayleaf and bring it to the boil
- Add the diced potatoes and the chickpeas . Bring back to the boil and cook for about one hour. Skim the chorizo oil and any foam from the surface as needed.
- Add a little more boiling water if needed if you like the stew to have a soupy consistency. We have let most of the liquid boil away.
- Just before the stew has finished cooking take the defrosted Haddock loins and salt the skin. (the loins should be dried with kitchen towel before salting)
- Add olive oil to a frying pan heat then place the loins in the hot oil skin side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes. When the skin is crispy turn the fish over and cook for another minute or two.
- Now that the stew is cooked, remove the bayleaf, add salt and black pepper and then add chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Spoon generous amounts of stew onto a dish/plate and place the haddock on top skin side up. Garnish & serve.