A great way to serve King Scallops. As always we’re keeping the recipe simple and quick. Looks great and tastes fantastic … what more do you need? This recipe can of course be scaled up to make a main course but we have done this as a starter. Get Scallops for this recipe here
- 8 Seafresh King Scallops roe-less
- 2 Spring Onions (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 5 tbsp Clear Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 1 pt Vegetable Stock
- Cook the Rice in the vegetable stock
- Defrost the Scallops overnight in a refrigerator or for 2-3 hours at room temperature. Dry the scallops using kitchen towel.
- Pan fry the dry Scallops in a hot pan or skillet with a little butter and olive oil. 2 mins each side - carefully turning to keep a golden appearance.
- Remove from the pan and keep in warm oven.
- Mix the Soy Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce, Honey and Mustard to a smooth consistency then pour into the same pan. Stir over heat for a minute or two until the sauce is of a thick syrup consistency.
- Serve the Scallops on a bed of rice, pour over the honey glaze and garnish with the chopped spring onions and paprika.