Salmon is such a healthy and flavoursome fish it really doesn’t need a sauce. However, if you’re eating salmon 2 – 3 times per week because of it’s health benefits, serving it with an accompanying sauce will help to keep it interesting. So here’s a quick and easy parsley sauce recipe. Buy Frozen Salmon Fillets for this recipe
- 4 Seafresh Salmon Fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz Plain Flour
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 pt Semi Skimmed Milk
- pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 4 - 6 sprigs Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- The Salmon Fillets can be cooked in many ways. 1: Cook in the bag for 12 - 15 mins (from frozen) 2: Defrost and pan fry in olive oil for 8 - 10 mins turning once during cooking. 3: Defrost and grill for 8 - 10 mins on a medium heat turning once during cooking.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan
- Stir in the plain flour to make a soft paste (Roux)
- Gradually add the milk stirring or whisking constantly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add seasoning - salt and pepper and simmer for 8 - 10 mins stirring occasionally
- Add the fresh chopped parsley ( if you don't have fresh use dried 4 tsp of dried parsley ) and mix well. Check and correct the seasoning once more before pouring over the cooked salmon fillets.