Oven baked Cod loins with a crisp Gremolata breadcrumb topping. Quick, easy and delicious. You could also use this super recipe with Haddock Loins or Salmon Fillets. https://theenglishkitchen.blogspot.com/2020/01/gremolata-baked-cod.html
- 2 thick cod loin portions
- 3 TBS olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 60ml white wine (1/4 cup)
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled and minced finely
- 70g panko bread crumbs (1/4 cup)
- the finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 TBS chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- lemon wedges to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with some aluminium foil and butter the foil. Sprinkle the cod fillets lightly with salt all over and pat it in.
- Combine 1 1/2 TBS of the olive oil, white wine,lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a bowl, whisking well together. Add the minced garlic.
- Moisten the fish on both sides in this mixture, then place on the baking tray.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, lemon zest, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp salt, some pepper and the remaining olive oil. Divide the crumb mixture between both cod fillets, lightly pressing it onto the tops of them.
- Bake in the preheated oven , uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden brown and the cod flakes easily when probed with the tines of a fork.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges for squeezing, if desired.